Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Eat a Peach for Peace

Forgive me -- your humble writer has spent the last 24 hours on special assignment.... The hills were alive with the sound of bishops calling.... I don't know about you, but that's music to my ears.

For the unmitigated gall I sometimes get (grazie, cons), I never cease to be amazed at the power of all this to bring people together, to get us talking and in touch. That's why this outlet was started -- to be a presence against polarization -- and its mission is being fulfilled in these days.

If you look down at some comments, you'll see that the Purgemongers still want to tear it up. Thing is, we can't let them.

Before I get away from the desk for a few, here's a fun story. The word came down before 6 this morning that Miami was to receive a new auxiliary bishop. I was fearing it would be the favored son whose nomination would cause South Beach to rock with celebration.

Yet again, though, it wasn't. Favalora's 0 for 2....

More soon....

-30-

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home